April 19, 2021
The Cash Peer Working Group is seeking new members from the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
The Cash Peer Working Group (CPWG) has been established as a central point of discussion and engagement to define, coordinate, provide, advocate for and improve the quality of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) across the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
The CWPG is now seeking to recruit new members from National Societies of the Movement. The call opens the 19th of April and the deadline for applying is the 21st of May.
Applicants should apply using the following link to access the application form. In addition, they should send their CV to Nathalie Juul (firstname.lastname@example.org), adding as a subject of the e-mail “application to the CPWG” and the name of the candidate. To find out more about this opportunity and the CPWG’s background, priorities and so forth it is possible to download a the CPWG ToR clicking on this link.
What are the activities of the CPWG?
The CPWG is formed by representatives of the IFRC, ICRC and various National Societies who collaborate at a strategic and technical level on cash assistance, and has been in existence since 2015. Some of the main achievements have been establishing a cash community in the Movement with technical and regional levels, developing guidance and tools that inform global practice and standards (such as the Movement Cash Strategic Framework available on the Movement Cash Community page of the Cash Hub platform, Market Assessment and Analysis Guidance, included on the Programme Guidance page of the Cash Hub platform, and the Cash in Emergencies Toolkit), and working to support learning and good practice in developing National Societies’ preparedness to deliver cash.
The CPWG is made up of individuals with experience and knowledge of CVA. The CPWG aims to have broad representation across regions as well as having both implementing National Societies and Partner National Societies represented. Members must meet both organisational and individual criteria which are specified below:
- Volume of Cash programming has reached a minimum of 1’000’000 CHF at one given stage over the past two years; or
- Financial contributions have been made to the IFRC Cash agenda (global and/or regional); or
- National Society is implementing cash preparedness on their own; or
- National Society is supporting a fellow National Society with their cash preparedness.
- Cash expert or Disaster Management (DM) expert with CVA experience and/or mission experience;
- Good verbal and written English skills;
- Ability to take decisions at a technical and Movement-wide strategic level;
- Contribution to one or more CPWG technical groups;
- 15% time allocation (3-4 days per month). CPWG members must partake and contribute to tasks as well as participate in face to face meetings (three per year) and calls (three per year). Due to COVID-19, face to face meetings have been replaced by call.
If the applicants meet the criteria above, they are strongly encouraged to apply for membership of the CPWG. The call closes 21st of May and the vetting process is expected to be finalised within three weeks after the call closes. The next CPWG call will commence in June and we wish to appoint new members before that so they can attend that call.
If you have any questions, please get in contact with the CPWG coordinator Nathalie Juul (email@example.com).