Cash and COVID-19
Access best practice, learnings and tools to adapt CVA and protect those more at risk during the COVID-19 outbreak. This section will continue to grow as we collaborate and exchange knowledge on the impact of COVID-19 to assist people around the world, especially those who are simultaneously facing another emergency or a conflict. To contribute your content send an e-mail to the Cash Hub team: firstname.lastname@example.org.To browse all resources related to the Cash and COVID-19 webinar series click in the link below:
A Cash Helpdesk is available to support Movement staff and volunteers scale up CVA in response to COVID-19, by providing remote technical advice on all aspects of cash and voucher assistance. For guidance and tips on how to deliver and advocate for cash and voucher assistance in responding to COVID-19 please see the following collections:
- Rental Assistance Programming
- COVID-19 Sensitive Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) Across the Project Cycle
- COVID-19 CVA preparedness: Ensuring minimum requirements to deliver timely, accountable, and effective CVA are in place
- Conducting Market Assessment and Analysis during COVID-19, adapting the RAM/MAG
- Working with Financial Service Providers (FSPs) during COVID-19
- Conducting Monitoring and Evaluation for COVID-19 Cash and Voucher Assistance
- Working through Cash Collaborative Approaches during COVID-19
- Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) for CVA during COVID-19
- Social protection in the age of COVID-19
- Strengthening Linkages with Social Protection Systems: Orientation guidance for Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies
30 December 2020
Tip sheet: Social protection in the age of COVID-19
This tip sheet aims to provide National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies with an overview of key issues to consider when planning and implementing social protection and humanitarian cash-related programmes in the context of COVID-19.
30 December 2020
Tip sheet: Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) for CVA during COVID-19
This document belongs to the "Covid-19 tip sheet Collection – Delivering Cash" and provides practical actions you can take before, during and after a Cash and Voucher Assistance programme to help integrate CEA principles.
1 October 2020
Case study: Multipurpose Cash for Multi-Hazard Response in Kenya
This case study focuses on the use of multipurpose cash transfers to address a multi-hazard response in Kenya, where covid-19, floods and an infestation of the desert locust resulted in a widespread impact on communities, threatening their lives and livelihoods.
1 August 2020
Integrating cash transfers to COVID-19 response: building community resilience in Rakhine
This case study gives an overview of the Community Resilience Program (CRP), a multi-year resilience programme integrated with the COVID-19 response, to support community-led actions for prevention and mitigation of socioeconomic impacts of the COVID-19 in central Rakhine.
1 July 2020
Tip sheet: Safer market Access during COVID-19
This guidance is written for National Societies in order to help them advocate to local authorities to ensure safe market access for all actors, during COVID-19.
1 July 2020
Tip sheet: Conducting Market Assessment and Analysis during COVID-19, adapting the RAM/MAG
This document is dedicated to guiding national societies on how to conduct maket assessment and analysis during COVID-19, specifically highlighting how to adapt RAM/MAG. This guidance has been written so it can be adapted based on any given NS local context.
Page 2 of 8
The Cash Helpdesk for the Movement is supported by: