Cash and COVID-19
Cash and COVID-19
Access best practice, learnings and tools to adapt CVA and protect those more at risk during the COVID-19 outbreak. This section will continue to grow as we collaborate and exchange knowledge on the impact of COVID-19 to assist people around the world, especially those who are simultaneously facing another emergency or a conflict. To contribute your content send an e-mail to the Cash Hub team: firstname.lastname@example.org.To browse all resources related to the Cash and COVID-19 webinar series click in the link below:
A Cash Helpdesk is available to support Movement staff and volunteers scale up CVA in response to COVID-19, by providing remote technical advice on all aspects of cash and voucher assistance. For guidance and tips on how to deliver and advocate for cash and voucher assistance in responding to COVID-19 please see the following collections:
- COVID-19 Sensitive Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) across the Project Cycle
- COVID-19 CVA Preparedness: Ensuring minimum requirements to deliver timely, accountable, and effective CVA are in place
- Conducting Market Assessment and Analysis during COVID-19, adapting the RAM/MAG
- Working with Financial Service Providers (FSPs) during COVID-19
- Conducting Monitoring and Evaluation for COVID-19 Cash and Voucher Assistance
- Working through Cash Collaborative Approaches during COVID-19
- Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) for CVA during COVID-19
- Safer Market Access during COVID-19
- Delivering Assistance using CVA in Response to COVID-19
26 May 2020
Organisation: Grand Bargain Cash Workstream’s Subgroup on Linking Humanitarian Cash and Social Protection
This one-page document summarises key actions to realise the Grand Bargain commitments to improve the effectiveness of humanitarian response and ‘leave no one behind’, mitigating the socio-economic impacts of COVID-19.
15 May 2020
Organisation: Livelihoods Centre
This infographic document gives an overview of ways to adapt distributions in the context of COVID-19 ensuring a "do no harm" approach is in place.
03 May 2020
Organisation: Grand Bargain Cash Sub-Group, IFRC, UNICEF, DFID
Overview of major updates, research, blogs, articles and good practice related to social protection and humanitarian cash assistance.
01 May 2020
Organisation: Turkish Red Crescent Society, IFRC
The data of this report gives an overview of the economic and social impact of COVID-19 on the lives of refugees benefiting from the ESSN programme, to inform future implementation. The rapid assessment was conducted from 8-14 April 2020 and included 468 households.
30 Apr 2020
A 3 month update on COVID-19 providing details of what NS are doing in response to COVID-19, with many undertaking or planning CVA enabled operations.
15 Apr 2020
Short article on the impact of COVID-19 on the livelihoods and economic resilience of people affected by this crisis, as well as on markets and the role that cash assistance can play to address current issues.
Page 4 of 7
The Cash Helpdesk for the Movement is supported by: