To share a job opportunity in the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, please contact us with details of the role
Role: Disaster Management/Cash Transfer Delegate
Deadline: Please note that there is no deadline for submission of applications. CVs will be screened on a regular basis as we are aiming at recruiting as soon as possible.
Description: We are looking for a Disaster Management/Cash Transfer Delegate, to support the Danish Red Cross and Mali Red Cross Society (MRC) for 6/7 months in implementing a pilot emergency response project with funding from ECHO PPP. The response is targeting IDPs and persons affected by crisis (floods, droughts, etc.) with multi-purpose cash transfers, as well as other disaster risk reduction and disaster preparedness interventions, in 4 Regions of Mali (Gao, Tombouctou, Segou and Mopti). The project is implemented in partnership with the Spanish Red Cross.
How to apply: To find out more about this position and how to apply click here.
Role: Emergency Project Delegate for a Cash-based/Wash Relief Project
Location: Anosy Region, Madagascar
Deadline: The position needs to be filled as soon as possible.
Description: GRC is currently seeking an Emergency Project Delegate for a Cash-based/Wash Relief Project in the south of Madagascar. The Project Delegate is responsible for the overall project set-up, implementation and management of the project, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO). The project will consist of a cash component and a smaller wash component (rehabilitation of water sources). The project runs for around 6 months until end of 2021.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Support and provide technical guidance in all aspects of setting up and implementing the cash-based/wash relief project;
• Being able to conduct a market assessment and lead on a baseline to measure basic needs;
• Identify Financial Service Provider and best encashment option;
• Setting up an identification and registration system;
• Train staff and volunteers on cash-based assistance in order to run the operation;
• Setting up a CEA plan;
• Liaise, coordinate and cooperate closely with Red Cross societies in the country, government authorities as well as relevant national & international organizations and stakeholders;
• Ensure intensive monitoring of the project implementation including the collection and analysis of data for the indicators and project monitoring/control;
• Ensure accurate project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking according to GRC and donor (German Federal Foreign Office, GFFO) requirements;
• Ensure quality, timely narrative and financial reporting in compliance with the GRC and the donor policies and regulations;
• Ensure visibility according to German Government requirements/standards and present information on the project.
• Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in relief and emergency contexts;
• Proven experience in setting-up and implementing cash-based operations;
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels;
• Oral and written fluency in English and French;
• Availability to be deployed on a short notice;
• Ability to work independently and as a team member;
• Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles;
• Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments;
• Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process ‘working abroad under specific climate and health conditions’;
• Valid Driving Licence.
Please submit your application (CV and a brief statement of motivation incl. availability) directly to Florian Neubauer, Country Manager Southern Africa, via email@example.com.
In partnership with: