Cash Hub Webinar Series
Cash Hub Webinar 24: Group Cash Transfers for Community Resilience – The Use of Cash and Markets in the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
In this Webinar you will learn how two National Societies have strengthened community resilience, and hear more about the use of group cash transfers to empower the community groups to choose and fund their own community resilience activities. The Uganda Red Cross will present on its work supporting Village Saving and Loan Associations (VSLA), while the Bangladesh Red Crescent and the British Red Cross will present on their work supporting Community Disaster Management Committees (CDMC). There will also be a global opening by Chang Hun Choe the Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Resilience lead for IFRC. Maja Tonning who drafted the CaLP Group Cash Transfers Guidance and Tools, and is now the Africa Regional CVA Coordinator for IFRC will also join us.
• Brian Kanaahe, Director Disaster Risk Management [Ag], Uganda Red Cross
• Martha Imamut, Project Officer – Response and Migration, Uganda Red Cross
• Habib Ahmed, former V2R Kurigram Project Manager, Bangladesh Red Crescent
• Abonindro Karmaker, Technical Officer DRR, British Red Cross.
• Chang Hun Choe, Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Approaches and Tools, Global, IFRC
• Maja Tonning, Regional CVA Coordinator, Africa Region, IFRC
The webinar will last 1 hour
DATE: Wednesday 27 October 2021
TIME: 10:00 Geneva/ 11:00 Nairobi / 16:00 Kuala Lumpur