Cash Hub Webinar Series
Webinar 3: Cash Hub Series – Adapting to COVID-19 – The Use of Cash & Markets in the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
DATE: 3rd of June
TIME: 8am Washington DC /2pm Geneva /8pm Kula Lumpur
Register here to join the launch of the Webinar Series: Adapting to COVID-19 the Use of Cash & Markets in the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
This online event will focus on the topic of Social Protection and what does this mean for the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. Panellists will include:
- David Peppiatt – Director of Humanitarian Cash Assistance, British Red Cross
- Marga Ledo – British Red Cross CVA/HES roster delegate / previously Cash and Social Protection TWG Chair / previously IFRC Cash, Livelihoods and Social Protection Adviser
- Orhan Hacimehmet – Cash-based Assistance Coordinator, Turkish Red Crescent (Türk Kızılay) to talk about the RCRC Movement’s largest CVA programme – Emergency Social Safety Net programme.
- Danger Nhlabatsi – Secretary General and Siphelele KB Mkhonta, National Disaster Management Coordinator of
Baphalali Eswatini Red Cross Society (BERCS) to talk about recent successes related to Social Protection and the COVID-19 response.
- Glenn Francis, Director of Montserrat Red Cross
Socialprotection.org held a Webinar that included Orhan Hacimehmet among the speakers (in January 2020). A summary article on this event by Isabelle Pelly can be found here. As this opportunity to discuss social protection took place before the COVID-19 pandemic, the next Cash Hub webinar will provide an update on how this has impacted the ESSN programme, what adaptations were made and, more broadly, what is the role of the Movement – specifically in the context of social protection.
The webinar will last 1 hour and will include a Q&A session.
Please note that this event will be recorded.