Movement Cash Community
Within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement our work on cash is guided by the Cash Peer Working Group (CPWG), a body of technical advisers who collaborate on efforts to scale-up and improve the quality of cash assistance. At a strategic level, an Advisory Group, comprised of National Society leaders, helps to champion the cash agenda across the Movement.
- To find out more about the structure of this thriving cash community and how to get involved, you can download the Membership Pack.
The minutes of meetings held by the CPWG are regularly published below:
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement’s Strategic Framework will guide our work between 2020-2025. Our vision is that ‘Crisis affected populations meet their humanitarian needs in a sustainable, culturally appropriate and dignified manner’.
When it comes to cash assistance, specific strategic inputs are shared among partners during Regional Strategic Cash Workshops. More details of each workshop can be consulted in the reports below:
- Middle East and North Africa Regional Strategic Cash Workshop report 2019
- IFRC Asia-Pacific Regional Strategic Cash Workshop report 2018
- West Africa Regional Strategic Cash Workshop report 2018
- East Africa and Indian Ocean Islands Regional Strategic Cash Workshop report 2018
Read more about "Our Approach".