About the Cash Hub
Welcome to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement platform for humanitarian cash assistance
What is the Cash Hub?
The Cash Hub, hosted by British Red Cross, aims to accelerate the use and increase the scale-up of cash assistance in the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of humanitarian action.
The Cash Hub supports a programme of activities, in collaboration with Movement partners, including:
- programme and technical support to National Societies’ cash preparedness
- operational support to cash programmes
- Cash School and programme of training activities
- online platform to provide access to information, tools, data, evidence and learning for cash practitioners (cash-hub.org)
- policy, research and advocacy on cash programming
- innovation and use of new technologies for cash programmes
The online platform (cash-hub.org) enables knowledge sharing and information exchange among the network of cash practitioners in the Movement. The platform provides access to tools, data, programme evidence, learning, case studies, and technical advice. A short video and a basic presentation are available to help staff and volunteers of the Movement to promote the Cash Hub platform in English, Arabic and French, to let others know about this resource and how to access and use its different tools.
Management of the Cash Hub
As host, the British Red Cross is responsible for the oversight of the Cash Hub and supports the programme of activities with a dedicated Cash Team sitting within its International Directorate.